TradePlus S&P New China Tracker
Opening doors to investment opportunities within the New China Economy
The TradePlus S&P New China Tracker ("Fund") is an equity exchange-traded fund that is designed to provide investors a convenient access to Chinese listed companies within the consumption and service-oriented industries. The Fund closely tracks the performance of the S&P New China Sectors Ex A-Shares Index; in which units are tradeable on Bursa Malaysia Securities.
The Indicative Optimised Portfolio Value (IOPV) for the Fund is now available on the Bursa website.
Fund’s Net Asset Value
Units in Circulation
An easy access to New China opportunities
Participate in the growth of New China sectors that have emerged from China’s transition to become a consumption-focused economy. These sectors are starting to show dominance in its contribution towards economic growth, and have gained notable traction.
Gain exposure to familiar names and more - all in a single trade
One transaction is all it takes! The Fund facilitates an efficient way for you to access an extensive portfolio of New China stocks, which are spread across varying sectors.
Participate in your preferred currency
You may subscribe to the Fund in HKD via Participating Dealer(s), or trade in USD and MYR through Bursa Malaysia Securities.
Through an exchange-traded fund structure, you can now access opportunities at a lower entry level of just 100 units through Bursa Malaysia Securities.
Regular review of index
The referenced index is rebalanced semi-annually, with a 10.0% cap on individual names to mitigate concentration risk.
How to invest?
Trading on Bursa Securities
|Trading Currency||US Dollar (USD)||Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)|
|Minimum Trading Units||100||100|
|Stock Short Name||CHINAETF-USD||CHINAETF-MYR|
|Bloomberg Ticker||CHNUSD MK||CHNMYR MK|
Investing through Participating Dealer(s)
|Creation/ Redemption Currency||Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)|
|Methods for Creation/ Redemption of Units||
1) Creation of Units
2) Redemption of Units
|Minimum Creation/ Redemption Basket||500,000 units|
The Fund aims to provide investment results that closely correspond to the performance of the Benchmark.
The Fund is a passively managed fund. The Manager intends to primarily use a full replication strategy to track the performance of the Benchmark.
|Listing Date||28 January 2019|
|Fund Launch Date||15 January 2019|
|Fund Category||Equity exchange-traded fund|
|Fund Type||Index tracking fund|
|Investor Profile||The Fund is suitable for investors who:
|Base Currency||HK Dollar (HKD)|
|Benchmark||S&P New China Sectors Ex A-Shares Index|
|Financial Year End||31 December|
|Initial Approved Fund Size||1,000,000,000 units|
|Income Distribution||Subject to the availability of income, the Fund will distribute income on an annual basis after the end of its first financial year.|
Fees & Charges
|Annual Management Fee||0.50% p.a. of the NAV of the Fund calculated and accrued daily using the Fund’s Base Currency.|
|Annual Trustee Fee||0.04% p.a. of the NAV of the Fund calculated and accrued daily using the Fund’s Base Currency.|
|Quarterly License Fee||Minimum of USD10,000 p.a. or 0.05% of the average daily asset under management, whichever is higher.|
Parties to the Fund
|Fund||Stock Code||Stock Short Name||ISIN Code||Units In Circulation|
|TradePlus S&P New China Tracker||0829EA||CHINAETF-MYR||MYL0829EA001||7,241,200|
|Manager's Fee (% p.a.)||1 Trustee Fee
|2 License Fee
|NAV per Unit
|NAV per Unit
|NAV per Unit
|S&P New China Sectors Ex A-Shares Index Level|
|Creation / Redemption Unit Block (Units)||500,000|
|Subscription / Redemption Amount per Creation / Redemption Unit Block (HKD)||6,350,300.00|
|SEDOL||Company Name||Quantity of Shares||Currency||Share Price
|Market Value (HKD)|
|B4TX8S1||AIA Group Ltd||104,100||HKD||93.85||93.85||9,769,785.00|
|B04KNF1||Air China Ltd||16,000||HKD||5.15||5.15||82,400.00|
|BK6YZP5||Alibaba Group Holding Ltd||55,700||HKD||158.10||158.10||8,806,170.00|
|BRXVS60||Alibaba Health Information Technology||37,300||HKD||11.92||11.92||444,616.00|
|B1YVKN8||ANTA Sports Products Ltd||9,400||HKD||158.70||158.70||1,491,780.00|
|6181482||Brilliance China Automotive Holdings Ltd.||18,000||HKD||7.23||7.23||130,140.00|
|6536651||BYD Co Ltd||5,400||HKD||261.20||261.20||1,410,480.00|
|B29SHS5||BYD Electronic (International) Co. Ltd.||5,200||HKD||33.45||33.45||173,940.00|
|BK0SBL1||China Feihe Ltd||26,500||HKD||13.76||13.76||364,640.00|
|6718976||China Life Insurance Co Ltd||63,300||HKD||12.98||12.98||821,634.00|
|BYP71J9||China Literature Ltd||2,700||HKD||63.60||63.60||171,720.00|
|B4Q2TX3||China Longyuan Power Group Corporation Ltd. - H Shares||25,200||HKD||16.26||16.26||409,752.00|
|B6WY993||China Medical System Holdings||10,800||HKD||15.58||15.58||168,264.00|
|BH0VXF7||China MeiDong Auto Holdings Ltd||3,400||HKD||38.70||38.70||131,580.00|
|B01B1L9||China Mengniu Dairy Co Ltd||22,500||HKD||46.20||46.20||1,039,500.00|
|B2Q5H56||China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co Ltd H Shares||25,200||HKD||21.70||21.70||546,840.00|
|6972459||China Resources Beer (Holdings) Co Ltd||10,000||HKD||62.45||62.45||624,500.00|
|6013693||China Southern Airlines Co Ltd H Shares||12,600||HKD||4.42||4.42||55,692.00|
|6264048||China Taiping Insurance Holdin||12,300||HKD||11.34||11.34||139,482.00|
|BFZ2PK0||China Tower Corporation Limited||380,100||HKD||1.02||1.02||387,702.00|
|BMVHXD7||China Youzan Ltd||125,500||HKD||0.81||0.81||101,655.00|
|BC9S4J5||Chinasoft International Ltd.||15,000||HKD||13.30||13.30||199,500.00|
|B4R39F7||Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Ltd||17,000||HKD||14.76||14.76||250,920.00|
|BDQZP48||Country Garden Services Holdings Company Ltd||14,000||HKD||59.90||59.90||838,600.00|
|6191997||CSPC Pharmaceutical Group Ltd||73,640||HKD||9.88||9.88||727,563.20|
|BYYJDM3||China Evergrande New Energy Vehicle Group Limited||22,000||HKD||6.04||6.04||132,880.00|
|BWGCFG4||FuYao Glass Industry Group Co Ltd- H Share||4,900||HKD||48.15||48.15||235,935.00|
|6465874||Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd||17,600||HKD||50.25||50.25||884,400.00|
|BMG40P4||GDS Holdings Ltd. Class A||7,600||HKD||51.50||51.50||391,400.00|
|6531827||Geely Automobile Holdings Ltd||43,300||HKD||26.85||26.85||1,162,605.00|
|BD9Q2J2||Genscript Biotech Corp||8,000||HKD||37.35||37.35||298,800.00|
|6718255||Great Wall Motor Co Ltd||23,600||HKD||35.80||35.80||844,880.00|
|BD20C13||Greentown Service Group Co Ltd||13,800||HKD||8.52||8.52||117,576.00|
|B433995||Guangzhou Automobile Group Co||21,200||HKD||7.94||7.94||168,328.00|
|BGN9715||Haidilao International Holding Ltd.||7,000||HKD||29.35||29.35||205,450.00|
|BLD4QD0||Haier Smart Home Co Ltd - H Shares||19,400||HKD||28.40||28.40||550,960.00|
|BMZC7F8||Hangzhou Tigermed Consulting Co Ltd - H Shares||1,000||HKD||137.60||137.60||137,600.00|
|BJYKB72||Hansoh Pharmaceutical Group Co Ltd||9,200||HKD||21.15||21.15||194,580.00|
|6136233||Hengan International Group Co||5,300||HKD||44.00||44.00||233,200.00|
|B4TXDZ3||HKT Trust & HKT Ltd||30,200||HKD||10.42||10.42||314,684.00|
|BMX09H0||Hygeia Healthcare Holdings Co Ltd||1,700||HKD||59.75||59.75||101,575.00|
|BGR6KX5||Innovent Biologics Inc||7,500||HKD||61.40||61.40||460,500.00|
|BNMBPD9||JD Logistics Inc||7,100||HKD||33.10||33.10||235,010.00|
|BKPQZT6||JD.com, Inc. Class A||15,550||HKD||298.20||298.20||4,637,010.00|
|BJ9JY53||Jinxin Fertility Group Ltd||10,300||HKD||12.24||12.24||126,072.00|
|BKL9QV8||JS Global Lifestyle Co Ltd||8,000||HKD||19.56||19.56||156,480.00|
|6327587||Kingdee International Software Group Co. Ltd.||22,700||HKD||27.45||27.45||623,115.00|
|B27WRM3||Kingsoft Corporation Ltd.||7,800||HKD||28.35||28.35||221,130.00|
|BLC90T0||Kuaishou Technology Class B||6,700||HKD||77.80||77.80||521,260.00|
|B01JCK9||Li Ning Co Ltd||17,200||HKD||101.30||101.30||1,742,360.00|
|B58YWF7||Man Wah Holdings Ltd.||10,600||HKD||15.12||15.12||160,272.00|
|B676TW7||Microport Scientific Corp||5,200||HKD||48.25||48.25||250,900.00|
|BMC5QM0||Ming Yuan Cloud Group Holdings Ltd||4,700||HKD||25.55||25.55||120,085.00|
|B0RJCG9||Minth Group Ltd||4,000||HKD||32.55||32.55||130,200.00|
|6290054||MTR Corp Ltd||12,500||HKD||44.10||44.10||551,250.00|
|B5730Z1||New China Life Insurance Co Ltd||6,800||HKD||22.65||22.65||154,020.00|
|BN4MKV3||New Oriental Education & Technology||16,400||HKD||15.80||15.80||259,120.00|
|BMGWW30||Nongfu Spring Co Ltd - H Shares||13,700||HKD||39.90||39.90||546,630.00|
|B8RZJZ1||People's Insurance Co Group||64,300||HKD||2.42||2.42||155,606.00|
|BK72QD3||Pharmaron Beijing Co Ltd - H Shares||1,100||HKD||172.50||172.50||189,750.00|
|6706250||PICC Property & Casualty Co Ltd||55,700||HKD||6.89||6.89||383,773.00|
|BDRYVB3||Ping An Healthcare and Technology Comp Ltd||4,900||HKD||56.20||56.20||275,380.00|
|B01FLR7||Ping An Insurance (Group) Co of China Ltd H Shares||47,500||HKD||62.80||62.80||2,983,000.00|
|B5B23W2||Sands China Ltd||20,400||HKD||25.20||25.20||514,080.00|
|6742340||Shandong Weigao Group Medical Polymer Co. Ltd. - H Shares||18,400||HKD||13.10||13.10||241,040.00|
|B8XBQ96||Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical||4,400||HKD||49.65||49.65||218,460.00|
|B4Q4CJ6||Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Holdings||7,200||HKD||15.36||15.36||110,592.00|
|B0MP1B0||Shenzhou International Group H Shares||6,600||HKD||163.70||163.70||1,080,420.00|
|B00XSF9||Sino Biopharmaceutical Ltd||89,100||HKD||6.35||6.35||565,785.00|
|B3ZVDV0||Sinopharm Group Co Ltd||11,000||HKD||19.18||19.18||210,980.00|
|BKWGSQ7||Smoore International Holdings Ltd||16,300||HKD||42.25||42.25||688,675.00|
|BMMV2K8||Tencent Holdings Ltd||19,100||HKD||465.60||465.60||8,892,960.00|
|6903556||Tingyi (Cayman Islands) Holdings Corp.||13,900||HKD||13.72||13.72||190,708.00|
|BGM5R25||Tongcheng-Elong Holdings Ltd||9,400||HKD||17.38||17.38||163,372.00|
|6905808||Tsingtao Brewery Co Ltd||2,800||HKD||63.00||63.00||176,400.00|
|B2Q14Z3||Want Want China Holdings Ltd||50,900||HKD||5.28||5.28||268,752.00|
|BLLHKZ1||WH Group Ltd||71,600||HKD||6.27||6.27||448,932.00|
|BGHH0L6||WuXi AppTec Co Ltd - H Shares||3,100||HKD||150.60||150.60||466,860.00|
|BL6B9P1||Wuxi Biologics (Cayman) Inc||27,000||HKD||119.70||119.70||3,231,900.00|
|BD9GZX7||Yihai International Holding Ltd||3,000||HKD||40.65||40.65||121,950.00|
|BYZQ099||ZhongAn Online P & C Insurance Co Ltd - H Shares||4,300||HKD||36.20||36.20||155,660.00|
|B633D97||Zhongsheng Group Holdings Ltd.||4,400||HKD||65.00||65.00||286,000.00|
|BFMFKK7||Huazhu Group Limited ADR||1,172||USD||46.70||363.67||426,221.00|
|BL3N3C5||Joyy Inc ADR||441||USD||61.90||482.04||212,578.62|
|BMX9K07||Legend Biotech Corporation - ADR||509||USD||37.92||295.30||150,306.05|
|BMXHCD8||Li Auto Inc.-A||1,033||USD||29.01||225.91||233,366.44|
|B1KYHF2||Melco Resorts & Entertainment||1,663||USD||13.08||101.86||169,391.00|
|BYVW0F7||Pinduoduo Inc ADS||2,927||USD||94.95||739.41||2,164,253.05|
|BMBKL76||RLX Technology Inc. Class A ADR||7,406||USD||5.12||39.87||295,286.79|
|B4MGD82||TAL Education Group||4,640||USD||5.03||39.17||181,750.79|
|BFZYWR2||Tencent Music Entertainment Group ADR-A||4,388||USD||8.50||66.19||290,453.02|
|BK1K3N2||Trip.com Group Ltd||4,298||USD||28.60||222.72||957,244.31|
|B3N0H17||Vipshop Holdings Ltd||3,454||USD||14.29||111.28||384,365.95|
|BMXR2T4||XPeng Inc. ADR Class A||1,139||USD||40.70||316.95||361,001.06|
|BD9GVY0||Zai Lab Limited||607||USD||139.01||1,082.52||657,090.34|
|BYYDFN0||ZTO Express Cayman Inc||4,023||USD||27.65||215.32||866,234.58|
|Market Value of Authorised Securities (HKD)||94,826,499.82|
|Cash Component (HKD)||1,126,533.18|
|Net Asset Value (HKD)||95,953,033.00|
2 Calculated based on the average daily asset under management of the Fund during the applicable quarter and payable quarterly. Subject to a minimum of USD 10,000 per annum.
Portfolio Holdings - CHINAETF
Notice Accompanying The Electronic Prospectus of TradePlus S&P New China Tracker15-01-2019Download
- ETF, or exchange-traded fund is a collective investment scheme that invests in a basket of investment instruments (such as stocks, bonds, commodities, or other securities) to mirror the performance of the index that it tracks.
- ETFs are unique as they can be traded like a common stock on the stock exchange - and also experience price changes throughout the trading day as they are bought and sold.
- In this case, the TradePlus S&P New China Tracker mirrors the performance of the S&P New China Sectors Ex A-Shares Index; which constitutes Chinese listed companies within the consumption and service-oriented industries.
- Passive vs. Active
- ETFs are typically passively managed where its objective is to closely track the performance of its benchmark or its referenced index, irrespective of the outlook on the market.
- On the other hand, Unit Trust Funds (“UTF”) are typically actively managed, where the Manager has the flexibility to shift away from its optimal asset allocation depending on the Manager’s outlook of the market.
- Higher trading frequency
- ETF units are traded on the stock exchange, providing investors with the opportunity to transact units at any point throughout the trading day.
- This defers from the subscription and redemption of units within a UTF, which can only be done once a day at a specific time.
- Low-cost investment
- Given its passive investment style, ETFs typically have a lower cost as compared to UTFs.
- Management fees for a typical actively managed UTF ranges from 1.00-2.00% per annum, depending on the investment asset class.
- The passively managed ETF typically charges below 1.00% in Management fees per annum.
- ETFs are also traded on Bursa Securities and allows investors to invest based on “number of units” as opposed to the “investment amount” used for UTFs. The current board lot size at Bursa Securities is 100 Units, whereas a typical UTF would require a minimum investment amount of MYR1,000.
- The Fund appoints Market Makers, whose role includes ensuring liquidity for the ETF on the secondary market.
- The Market Makers provide buy and sell quotes within a predefined spread (the difference between the buy and sell price).
- Through its inventory, the Market Maker is also able to ensure, to the best of their ability, that there is a buyer for every sell order, and a seller for every buy order.
ABOUT NEW CHINA
- Since the 1970s, China has been liberalising its economy through various government reforms and policies, which has successfully led to its transformation to become the world’s second-largest economy today.
- But China’s transformation is far from over. The New China marks the nation’s latest economic transition – where its investment- and export-driven economy has now shifted to become one that is reliant on domestic consumption and services.
- The New China Economy is also a reflection of the Chinese government’s bid to identify and shape more sustainable forms of growth for its economy.
- An opportunity to capitalise on:
- China’s higher GDP contribution – which is seen stemming from the service, and consumption industry.
- China’s rising income pattern – which is anchoring the shift in consumption trends.
- China’s increased internet penetration – which is encouraging a boom in the e-commerce industry.
- Sectors we see benefitting from this trend include: Consumer staples, Automobiles, Tourism, Insurance, Education, Healthcare, E-commerce, and Internet Services.
ABOUT TRADEPLUS S&P NEW CHINA TRACKER
- The TradePlus S&P New China Tracker (“Fund”) is an exchange-traded fund that provide investors exposure to Chinese listed companies within the consumption and service-oriented industries.
- The Fund aims to provide investors with a performance that closely mirrors its benchmark, which is the S&P New China Sectors Ex A-Shares Index.
- Through its ETF structure, units of the Fund can be traded on Bursa Malaysia Securities.
- Investors would also be able to create / redeem units at a minimum creation / redemption basket of 500,000 units.
- The Fund is a passively managed fund, and does not aim to provide an outperformance against its benchmark.
- Instead, the Fund will aim to perform in-line with its benchmark.
- The Fund would be fully invested into its underlying assets at all times, irrespective of the Manager’s outlook on the market.
- The Fund will look to carry out a full replication strategy to track the performance of its benchmark – the S&P New China Sectors Ex A-Shares Index.
- As such, the price of the Fund will move in line with the price of its benchmark given the similar underlying of the two.
- The Manager does, however, hold the option to invest up to a maximum of 20% of the Fund’s NAV into instruments that will enable the Fund to obtain a similar exposure to the benchmark if it is not able to gain the same exposure through the equity market.
- Fees that would be incurred by the Fund include annual management fee, annual trustee fee, and quarterly licensing fee. Click here for more details.
- All fees are reflected on a per-annum basis, and calculated on a daily basis. The fees will be reflected in the NAV per Unit as publicly available.
- The investment amount will be dependent on prevailing unit price and number of shares purchased.
- Trading on Bursa Malaysia Securities will be based on a minimum of 100 units traded – transacted in either US Dollar or Malaysian Ringgit.
- Subscription via the primary market can be done through the Participating Dealer(s); where creation / redemption of units will be carried out with a minimum block size of 500,000 units – transacted in Hong Kong Dollar.
- The Participating Dealer assists with the facilitation of creation and redemption of Units by the investors for the Fund.
- Investors are required to liaise with the Participating Dealer(s) for all creation and redemption transactions.
- You may refer to the latest list of Participating Dealer(s) of the TradePlus S&P New China Tracker here.
- Easy access at lower cost
- Investors can access a portfolio through a single ETF trade, as opposed to multiple transactions for a portfolio of stocks.
- Investors would also be subject to lower transaction costs due to the lesser number of transactions.
- Access global for Malaysian investors
- The Fund provides investors with exposure to Chinese listed companies globally, including companies listed in the US market, which trades on a different time-zone.
- Investors would be able to gain exposure into these foreign-listed names during local trading hours.
- Investors would also be able to gain exposure into foreign-listed names with minimal hassle, as investors have the option to trade in local currency despite the underlying investments being in multiple currencies.
- Real-time trading
- Investors have the flexibility to move in and out of markets throughout a Bursa trading day.
|1 month||3 months||6 months||1 year||Year to date||Since inception|
|TradePlus S&P New China Tracker|
TradePlus S&P New China Tracker
Understanding the Performance
During the period datefrom to dateto, the TradePlus S&P New China Tracker recorded an accumulative return of TotalReturns. Over the same period, the Fund’s Benchmark returned Benchmark Returns.
Note: To reflect the return in performance for the date range selected, the dates displayed on the chart may differ.
A copy of the Prospectus can be obtained at Affin Hwang Asset Management’s (“Affin Hwang AM”) dedicated website at www.tradeplus.com.my. Investors are advised to read and understand the contents of the Prospectus dated 15 January 2019 and Supplementary Prospectus dated 2 July 2019 for the TradePlus S&P New China Tracker before investing. There are fees and charges involved when investing in the fund stated herein. Investors are advised to consider and compare the fees and charges as well of the risks carefully before investing. Investors should make their own assessment of the risks involved in investing and should seek professional advice, where necessary. The price of units and distribution payable, if any, may go down as well as up and past performance of the fund should not be taken as indicative of its future performance. The Securities Commission Malaysia has not reviewed this material and takes no responsibility for the contents of this material and expressly disclaims all liability, however arising from this material.
Licensing Disclosure Statement & Conditions:
The "S&P New China Ex A-Shares Index" is a product of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, a division of S&P Global, or its affiliates (“SPDJI”) and has been licensed for use by Affin Hwang Asset Management Bhd. Standard & Poor’s® and S&P® are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC, a division of S&P Global (“S&P”); Dow Jones® is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC (“Dow Jones”) and these trademarks have been licensed for use by SPDJI and sublicensed for certain purposes by Affin Hwang Asset Management Bhd. TradePlus S&P New China Tracker is not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by SPDJI, Dow Jones, S&P, their respective affiliates and none of such parties make any representation regarding the advisability of investing in such product(s) nor do they have any liability for any errors, omissions, or interruptions of the S&P New China Ex A-Shares Index.